QuantERA Consortium is pleased to announce the results of the QuantERA Call 2019.
Thanks to the funding provided by the QuantERA member organisations, the list of projects recommended for funding includes 12 excellent international proposals in the field of quantum technology research for over EUR 13M. The list of the projects recommended for funding includes the following proposals:
- ApresSF: Application-ready superresolution in space and frequency
- C'MON-QSENS!: Continuously Monitored Quantum Sensors: Smart Tools and Applications
- eDICT: Experimentally-oriented Device Independent CrypTography
- MAQS: Magnetic-Atom Quantum Simulator
- PACE-IN: Photon-Atom Cooperative Effects at Interfaces
- Qu3D: Quantum 3D imaging at high speed and high resolution
- QuantHEP: Quantum Computing Solutions for High-Energy Physics
- QuCoS: Quantum Computation with Schrödinger cat states
- QuICHE: Quantum information and communication with high-dimensional encoding
- SECRET: SECuRe quantum communication based on Energy-Time/time-bin entanglement
- ShoQC: Short-Range Optical Quantum Connections
- SiUCs: Superinductor-based Quantum Technologies with Ultrastrong Couplings
More information about the projects recommended for funding within the QuantERA Call 2019 is available in the attachment.
The QuantERA Call 2019, launched by 29 funding organisations from 25 countries, attracted 85 international research consortia applying for over EUR 85 M.
All 85 short proposals were evaluated at the first stage of the QuantERA Call 2019, what resulted in 60 proposals ranked above the quality threshold by the scientific Evaluation Panel. Due to the ineligibility of 4 proposals, 56 full proposals were proceeded and reviewed at the 2nd stage of the evaluation process. During the 2nd stage of the evaluation process, 48 out of 56 proposals were ranked above the quality threshold by the scientific Evaluation Panel, and among these 12 have been recommended for funding by the Call Steering Committee given the available budgets.
Please note that projects ranked above the quality threshold but not recommended by the Call Steering Committee might still be considered for funding in case additional financial resources are provided by the Funding Organisations. The final decisions are expected be made by the end of September 2019. Please note that the funding schedule is defined by individual research funding organisations supporting realization of the project.
Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR), France
- Dr. Sergueï Fedortchenko, e-mail: serguei.fedortchenko(at)anr.fr, tel.: +33 (0)1 7809 8037
National Science Centre (NCN), Poland
- Prof. Konrad Banaszek (Scientific Coordinator), e-mail: konrad.banaszek(at)ncn.gov.pl
- Mrs. Sylwia Kostka (Programme Coordinator), e-mail: sylwia.kostka(at)ncn.gov.pl, tel: +48 12 341 9018
- Ms. Marlena Wosiak (Coordination Office), e-mail: marlena.wosiak(at)ncn.gov.pl, tel: +48 12 341 9093