We are happy to inform that our Gender Equality Statement included in the announcement of QuantERA Call 2021 has been highlighted as a promising practice in the “GENDERACTION policy brief focuses on European partnerships”!
Full GENDERACTION policy brief is available here. The policy brief includes, inter alia, different recommendations at the co-funded projects level, such as reinforcing sex/gender analysis in the research topics, ensuring gender balance in the evaluation panels, reviewing award criteria from a gender perspective, and including gender indicators in the monitoring of research projects. For the drafting of research calls, GENDERACTION suggested, in particular, encouraging women to apply, especially in those partnerships with a long tradition of women’s underrepresentation among PIs and research teams.
GENDer equality in the ERA Community To Innovate policy implementatiON is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. Project activities are focused on:
- mapping and analysing Members States’ progress towards implementation of gender equality in R&I through national ERA action plans and strategies;
- delivering training events to build consistent and professional capacity in gender equality in R&I among responsible national representatives and Horizon 2020 National Contact Points;
- providing mutual learning opportunities to maximize existing experience among policymakers and other relevant stakeholders;
- preparing policy briefs on advancing gender equality in the ERA;
- building new collaborations to advance gender equality in international cooperation in science, technology, and innovation.
For more information, please visit the GENDERACTION website.