Sequential parametric amplification: quantum technology with multimode light
Squeezing is a valuable quantum resource, which enables sensitive optical measurements by overcoming the shot noise – the noise stemming from the photon structure of light. At the same time, squeezing is susceptible to optical loss and inefficient detection, which limits its use in technology. SPARQL will apply multimode parametric amplification to make this resource loss-tolerant. This step will open practical applications for sub-shot-noise quantum imaging, microscopy, and spectroscopy. It will also protect from loss extremely fragile multimode non-Gaussian states. Moreover, by implementing two stages of parametric amplification in sequence, SPARQL will apply multimode squeezing to wide-field Raman spectroscopy and quantum key distribution.
- Coordinator: Maria Chekhova (Max-Planck Institute for the Science of Light, DE)
- Nicolas Treps (Laboratoire Kastler-Brossel, FR)
- Avi Pe’er (Bar-Ilan University, IL)
- Yoad Michael (Raicol Crystals Ltd., IL)
- Radim Filip (Univerzita Palackeho v Olomouci, CZ)